Spring Roll Salad served in Red Cabbage Cups
4 oz rice fettuccine, linguine, or angel hair noodles
2 quarts boiling water
12 oz bean sprouts, washed
½ cup chopped fresh basil
1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 Tablespoon chopped fresh mint
1 large red pepper, chopped
1 carrot, shredded
4 Scallions, use greens and whites sliced
1. Cook the fettuccine in the boiling water until al dente (to the bite) or follow the directions on the package of rice noodles about how to cook. Do not overcook
2. Assemble the salad, mixing in all ingredients.
3. Mix dressing in with the vegetables first so that the vegetables are coated with the peanut butter dressing.
4. Let sit in the refrigerator for ½ hour to allow vegetables to sweat water.
5. Add the pasta, mix, and chill for at least an hour to allow the pasta to soak up any water leaked from the vegetables.
6. Serve chilled in red cabbage cups or arrange on a bed of shredded lettuce.
7. Top with chopped peanuts and a sprig of basil, cilantro, or mint.