Pumpkin Squash Curry Soup
1 large onion, diced
1 red pepper, diced
1 green pepper, diced
¼ cup butter
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 packages frozen winter squash
1 can packed pumpkin
8 cups vegetable or chicken broth
1 can coconut milk
2 cups fresh diced tomatoes or 1 can diced tomatoes
2 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp curry powder
¼ tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp black pepper
¼ cup cornstarch
½ cup water
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup toasted almonds
· Saute onions and peppers in a large stock put with the butter
· Add the frozen squash, pumpkin, broth, coconut milk, tomatoes, honey, curry powder, nutmeg, and pepper.
· Mix the cornstarch with the water to form a slurry.
· When the soup has cooked for 20-30 minutes and has thickened, add the slurry and stir until thickened, more if desired.
· Before serving, stir in heavy cream and sprinkle with chopped toasted almonds. Serve with toasted bread squares or crackers