Brisket of Beef
2 lb beef brisket, well trimmed
3 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
4 large onions, thinly sliced
3 large carrots, sliced
1 large can tomato sauce
1 cup red wine
1 cup warm water
1. Dry the brisket and coat with salt and pepper.
2. Brown the beef brisket with the olive oil in a Dutch oven. Add the onions and carrots. Stir to coat the onions and carrots with oil.
3. Add the tomato sauce, wine, and warm water
4. Bake the brisket in the oven for 3 hours or place in a slow cooker and cook for 8 hours on low or 4 hours on high.
5. Brisket should not fall apart.
6. Remove the brisket from the broth and chill both until brisket can be easily sliced (at least 4 hours)
7. In a blender, blend the sauce from the meat, adding salt, pepper, or water as needed.
8. Warm the brisket in a baking dish with some sauce drizzled on top.
9. Serve sauce on the side.