2 Tbsp mint, chopped fine
1 Tbsp yogurt
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp mint, chopped
¼ tsp salt
Dash of pepper
1. Shred the cucumber, salt, and then drain on a paper towel.
2. In a small bowl combine yogurt, cucumber, mint, and pepper and mix well. Keep cold until ready to serve
3. In a food processor, pulse the, onions, garlic, and herbs until well chopped. Add the chickpeas and process until the chickpeas are somewhat smashed. Remove from food processor. Add the lemon juice, egg, yogurt, baking powder, oil, and breadcrumbs into the mashed chickpeas.
4. Divide the mixture into 10 balls and roll into sausage shapes or flatten into patties. (For appetizer size, use 16 balls. Chill these until cold.
5. Heat 1 inch of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Coat felafels in flour before frying.
6. Fry patties in hot oil until brown on both sides. Be careful not to flip or turn the felafels until the cooked side is crispy and brown. Serve with pita bread, rice, or on toothpicks. If desired, present with shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, chopped onions, and cucumbers. Serve the yogurt sauce on the side.