Irish Cream Cheese French Toast Casserole with Strawberries
12 slices (1 loaf) challah or brioche cut into cubes
2 – 8 oz packages cream cheese, cut into cubes
10 eggs, beaten
1½ cups Irish Cream Liqueur
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups light cream
1 tsp salt
4 Tbsp melted butter
2 – 12 oz packages frozen strawberries
½ cup sugar
1. Grease a 13x9 glass casserole dish.
2. Mix the butter, strawberries, and sugar.
3. Place 1/3 of the bread a layer of cut-up bread into the casserole dish. Layer one of the packages of the cream cheese cubes on top of the bread. Put a layer of strawberries on top of the cream cheese. Add another layer of the bread cubes, cheese, strawberries, and then finish with the bread cubes.
4. Mix the eggs, Irish Cream, vanilla, and light cream together. Pour over the bread cubes and let it soak overnight.
5. The next morning, preheat an oven to 350 degrees.
6. Pull out the casserole and cover with aluminum foil.
7. Place the casserole in the oven and bake covered for 30 minutes.
8. Remove the foil and then put the casserole back in the oven for 30 minutes and bake until puffed and brown.
Garnish with fresh whipped cream and strawberries or warm maple syrup.